Dryer vent fires at the moment are the number 1 cause of all residence fires in the US, outpacing chimney fires. Dryer vents are a kind of out of sight, out of mind things that you would be able to’t afford to ignore. Whenever you realize that the lint trap on a dryer (even a new one), only removes or stops 80% of the lint – you can see the significance of cleaning your exhaust system as soon as a year.
Dryer lint is highly flammable and under the proper conditions can cause a dryer fire, typically spreading by means of the vent system which in turn spreads the fire quickly throughout your home. As a dryer does it’s job, about half a pound of water is removed, lint is trapped by your lint trap, and air is forced through your dryer exhaust system. Throughout time, this extra lint backs up in your dryer and the exhaust or venting system. Airflow is restricted, your dryer works harder and the motor overheats. With excess lint buildup, your dryer is now a ripe candidate for a dryer fire.
Dryer Safety and Inspection Tips
1. Make positive your lint trap has no rips and you clean it earlier than every drying cycle. If the lint is wet on your lint trap, it might mean that it is time to clean your dryer vents. Additionally, the lint screen should be lightly scrubbed each week and washed with light dish washing soap.
2. Visually inspect your exterior vent hood on the side of your own home when the dryer is operating. Are the flaps moving, can you feel any airflow? If not, it is time to get your dryer exhaust system cleaned and your dryer inspected.
3. Examine round your dryer for lint on the floor. This is a warning sign that your dryer exhaust system needs to be cleaned.
4. In case your clothes are taking more than one cycle to dry, this may very well be a sign that your dryer exhaust system needs to be cleaned proper away.
5. By no means dry any clothes or rags that have been soaked with any flammables. It might cause an explosive situation in your dryer.
Dryer Vent Cleaning Recommendations
There are some online products available that you should use to clean your vents such as brushes with rods that can be hooked up to a high powered drill. Most of these products are inferior and do a less than satisfactory job for dryer vent runs over 10′. It is important so that you can call a professional when doing dryer vent cleaning because of the completely different situations that may and will be encountered. A few of these conditions are unsuitable vent types, loose or disconnected vents, or vents with too many angles and bends. A dryer vent cleaning professional usually has totally different types of cleaning equipment depending on the situation. It is crucial so that you can ask the dryer vent professional if they will do on site repairs or upgrades as approximately 50% of the jobs encountered will want something of this nature.
Dryer Vent Repairs
Among the repairs that may be needed may embody: rerunning or altering out the dryer vent exhaust duct work, adding or altering a vent hood that exits the site of the building, going into the attic or crawl area to do repairs, cleaning from the top of the roof starting from the place the duct exits towards the dryer, and even tearing into the wall or ceiling to repair a vent that has come loose. In case you aren’t a useful person that can do all the earlier than talked about repair items, go away it to a dryer vent professional.
Remember, to stop dryer vent fires in your house, get your dryer exhaust system cleaned once a year. In the event you live in a condominium advanced make sure your property manager knows the importance of dryer vent maintenance. Apartment owners must also make dryer vent cleaning in their units a priority.
If you have any questions concerning the place and how to use soft washing, you can call us at our own web page.
Copyright 2018 Kalo Nero Apts. All rights reserved